Etiquette class - Boomers and good manners


What is it about boomers and etiquette?

The interest boomers and the older generation have in the topic of etiquette does not cease to amaze me.

As an expert consultant, I have been reading a researching for quite sometime on the reasons motivating such interest. The search was not an easy one!
Etiquette and seniors is to not a request often made on Internet. Books on the topic are not  explanatory. Moreover, the reality is that my clients, if I look at the past five years, are mostly 60 years old and over.

Please do not think for a second that I’m not enjoying sharing my knowledge in such good company. The enjoyment I get from amassing stories of their experiences living in 1930s onward is invaluable. 

But still the question stays the same: what is my value to them? Are we incline to talk about a world that is no longer the way it uses to be? Is it reminiscing about the ‘good’ ol days’ that spurs such an enthusiasm for my talks? 

 I guess the answer is in the question. I am and will continue to nurture my elders. I want to know how we can make it a pleasure and a must to talk, teach and think about etiquette and good manners.

Comments

Popular Posts