Etiquette on a monthly pass


I came about this article not long ago and renamed it. What about public transport : etiquette on a monthly pass

I read this article thinking 'yah, yah', we know what all about ill mannered people in public transport! Except that this time I must say the read was pleasant (Thanks to The Guardian) . Well not so much, as technology has brought some revolution in the way people act without knowledge of good behaviour and civility. Believe me, I am be the last person blaming technology but, cell phones have made a big difference.

- no interaction what so ever, like robots going somewhere that's all!
- ring tones blasting, a synthetic cacophony;
- live, yes live conversation with people not in the bus (like do I care)
- bringing more attention to the object than to those surrounding us (where's my phone? have you seen it?)

The cell phone is just a momentary annoying thing. Soon we'll have implanted voice transmitter and we'll say "Talk to my hand...". The future is rosy, not!

The article mentions all kind of little quarks that are of human nature. My best anecdote is Chris Tucker's : people who are standing in the way, not moving, frozen in time (on their phone I guess) in the way of passage going in or out of public transport. I must admit I have a hard time supporting this especially if it costs me a third of my monthly wages to buy the public transport pass. Imagine the story, you pay a lot to get annoyed. What life has to offer you if you feel like that. Except...if you take the opportunity to hone your manners and refresh etiquette how-to. Unless to quote 'Celine' «Take a kayak...» In my case, I'll take a canoe. 






"By the way I would like to thank The Guardian for the excellent work done on its coverage".

Comments

Popular Posts