BEST WISHES VIA EMAIL

BEST WISHES VIA EMAIL: IT'S THE GESTURE THAT COUNTS. REALLY?





 Today, I've received, by mail, a card for the New Year. I have to admit it: it made my day! You know by now where I stand on this topic. 

I took great pleasure in every little step. 
I took the time to look at every little detail.
I opened it slowly, marvelled at the design, the colours, the image.

It was not by most standards the fanciest looking card in the world but it made a difference. In what sense?

Someone took the time to select my family, add it to their list of address, write a lovely note, and mail it. It is the thought that counts. It is more than that. We all know how mass emailing is impersonalized. When you really care about someone, sending that person a «Happy Holidays» card by email is NOT the best way to show your affection. When you want to show your respect for someone older or in higher in authority, please be well-mannered and write to them.

Wishing you for 2015, a resurgence of our traditions and many, many lovely handwritten cards.


Comments

Popular Posts